Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chalk and Wire Lecture



We had our Chalk and Wire tutorial lecture last Monday.  Afterwards I was extremely overwhelmed with all the Education requirements that need to be met.   The Chalk and Wire information was a little confusing too because I hadn't even logged into my portfolio at that time.  Even though all this information was a bit much for me all at once, it was all really important information that I needed to review.  Sometimes I freak myself out with thinking about all of the stuff like licensing, portfolios, passing the PPST, endorsements, and paperwork.  I also have times where I worry a lot about my ability to be the BEST teacher I can for the kids.  I am not sure if I am going to be able to manage them properly, or even more importantly keep them motivated to learn.  However, I know that Luther will fully prepare me to be a future educator.  Not only did this lecture provide me with lots of essential information but it showed me that if I ever need any help all I need to do is ask and there will be someone who can answer my question or who can find someone else who can.
Since that lecture, I have logged into my Chalk and Wire account and successfully uploaded my first artifact.  All in all it was a pretty self explanatory process and it felt really good to finally get started on my portfolio.  I find that I just have to focus on doing one step at a time and I will be able to complete things without too much stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment